Re: BJ8 Carpet Question

To: James Sailer <heliskier@direcway.com>,
Subject: Re: BJ8 Carpet Question
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:05:34 -0700
Jim:

My original factory carpet in the BT7 is one piece, covering both the
transmission cover and the prop shaft housing.  I'm virtually certain that
the BJ8's were the same - one piece from the factory.

I know that many carpet kit manufacturers made 2 piece variations over the
years, including with assorted flaps for access to the 2 rubber plugs (trans
oil dipstick, front prop shaft grease fittings) for ease of maintenance.

Heritage prides themselves on their adherence to originality, unless there
are special requests by the customer.  I'm pretty sure that your tunnel
cover carpet is correct as a one piece unit.  You could check with them to
be sure - if you prefer that it be installed as 2 pieces, it wouldn't be all
that difficult to cut it and have a local shop bind the overlap piece for a
finished edge.

I might add that all the carpet sets that I have seen recently for BT/BN7's,
BJ7's, and BJ8's from AH Spares in the UK have had one piece tunnel cover
bits.

Almost there Jim, almost there!

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.