Re: Rattle when I lift off the gas?

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rattle when I lift off the gas?
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 23:49:15 -0400
> I had the car out today and everything was pretty good.  I had the car up
> 70 for a while and the motor sounded nice.  It ran a little warmer than I
> wanted it to ~195, so I will have to address that.

I was caught in a 45 minute traffic backup yesterday in high 80s temp.  Temp
hovered around 210-220 the whole time.  Not fun.  Boiled over about half of
my coolant before I could get out of the jam.  Rad cap was loose - don't ask
me how that happened.  I don't think anything got hurt.

> The car did have fair amount of what I am assuming was scuttle shake
> starting just over 60.  It shook off my rear tag and bracket :(.

Patton, as I said in an earlier email take a serious look at the balance of
your drums.  I can't believe how much difference it has made in the
smoothness of my BJ8.  I don't know as my/Bill Bolton's scuttle mod will be
necessary later.  Just balance those wheels and drums!