RE: Rattle when I lift off the gas?

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@earthlink.net>, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rattle when I lift off the gas?
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:01:35 -0700 (PDT)
Patton -

It was so long ago... but if I recall it sounded a
little like sort of a contant clunkity sound, and all
I had to do is touch the clutch pedal and it would go
away.  It was intermittent... sometimes I didn't hear
it (I think when the metal ring would get caught up in
the clutch housing then it wouldn't make noise)... but
most of the time on decelleration and at idle it
clunked away.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Alan