WG: Changing Non-adjustable to adjustable steering

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: WG: Changing Non-adjustable to adjustable steering
From: "Eckert, Josef" <Josef.Eckert@t-mobile.de>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:10:31 +0200
I believe very much, the mistake is in the Heritage Certificate.
For my 1962 Tricarb BT7 I got one certificate indicating the car was factory
fitted with disk wheels. My car came with wire wheels, but to be correct during
restoration disk wheels and hubs were fitted. Some time later I asked for a
second certificate and you may know the answer: I got one with stating wire
wheels fitted.
So I have 2 nearly identical certificates. All figures are the same except the
sort of wheels fitted to the car. As there is only a very small mark in the
production trace books, which gives the difference between wire wheels and disk
wheels or adjustable and non-adjustable steering column, a mistake can be
easily done when the records are copied to the certificate.
Since my car is running on wrong wheels. But I like the disk ones.

Josef Eckert
Koenigswinter
GERMANY