Trans Tunnel Insulation

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Trans Tunnel Insulation
From: N0040@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:13:45 EDT
Dear List,

Met a great group of folks from Bluegrass AHC at their annual Springthing
2004.

I had mentioned that I had insulated both the interior side and trans side of
the tunnel and really cut down on cockpit heat.

That opened the discussion of trans cooling. I used the ~3/8" thick
insulation with the silver reinforced mylar outer layer. The smooth silver side
is
facing the trans and all seams were covered with aluminum tape.

What is your feelings about whether the trans will still get sufficient
cooling. Would running a heavier weight oil in trans, like SAE 50 instead of
SAE 30
help ?

Thanks and Regards,
Bob - BJ8