Re: sluggish tach

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <j.adamik@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: sluggish tach
From: "Randolph Cooper" <RANDOLPH.COOPER@netl.doe.gov>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 07:42:36 -0400
John,
Mechanical tach, right?  I don't know there's anything special about
Healey tachs, but with my experience with motorcycle instrument drives,
your symptoms would lead me to suspect a problem with the drive cable.
Things like a broken strand (soon to be followed by many more broken
strands) or maybe a rounded cable end where a squared one would better
fit the drive.  Universal speedo drive cables are available at all the
cut rate auto parts places for not many bucks and they can be trimmed to
fit bike applications.  Probably they'd work on our cars, too.

Randy Cooper
BT7 (Electric tach)

>>> "John Adamik" <j.adamik@comcast.net> 5/19/2004 9:40:05 PM >>>

During this spring's "clean out the exhaust" run I discovered a very
sluggish
tachometer.  It appears to indicate the proper rpm, but just takes a
few
seconds to get there (i.e. heavily damped).  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.
John ' 62 BT7