Clip Removal Question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clip Removal Question
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:54:49 -0500
    I will be reusing my original grille but first it needs a good clean up
and polish.    Also the 3000 Flash is still usable but needs a little
attention.

    Sorry to get too detaily here but is there a  correct red color for the
flash, or will any red paint do  and  how do the clips that hold the flash
come off.   They look like press on cylinder clips that go on from the rear
of the grille,but its hard to tell.   The flat clips were not used in this
case.  And it looks like the typical dissimilar metal corrosion has taken
place here.
        Any  ideas would be helpful here.   My intention is to not break off
the fragile posts and reuse the flash since it is original.   (one of the
few parts on my car that maybe reusable)  :(

Mark

Mark,
58-MGA
60-MGA