Once again: hard to start, runs on after engine turned off.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Once again: hard to start, runs on after engine turned off.
From: "Big Sixer" <healey@ledwith.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:20:48 -0400
Sorry to bring it up again. I have the emails but don't know how to search
past emails right.

My car is slow in starting after sitting for a while (2 days). It takes long
minutes of the engine turning over before it catches, then rides past the
starter motor  for each try for a few minutes. Then eventually catches and
slowly increases in RPM until it is running fine.

Then it runs great. no black smoke, no hesitation, no stalling. Just great

then it sometimes runs on after turning off the gas.

Fuel pump is new - fine. Choke is fine, as is timing, dwell, spark plug gap,
carb tuning's been done. I double checked all these.

Any ideas?

Ryan
BJ7