RE: how to weld stainless steel?

To: "Big Sixer" <healey@ledwith.com>
Subject: RE: how to weld stainless steel?
From: "Greg Wilkinson" <gregwilkinson@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 08:39:54 -0700
Hi Ryan,
You can weld stainless with regular MIG wire, but it will rust over time. I
have seen stainless MIG wire in the 4" spools. You could ask your welding
shop if you can get by with the CO2/AR mix for such a small job. If you have
a torch, you need SS flux. I could send you some, but a white powdery
substance in the mail is not a good thing these days.

Best,
Greg