Re: how to weld stainless steel?

To: schauss@worldnet.att.net, healey@ledwith.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: how to weld stainless steel?
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 00:55:57 EDT
Ryan, you can weld SS with a MIG and regular wire BUT there are differences
and there is specific wire for the MIG for SS.  You should also use a little
different mixture of gas shielding.  I think rather than the normal 75% Argon
25% CO2 you need a 100% Argon or similar inert gas.  Others on the list I am
sure are more qualified than I to comment on this but again the above is my
understanding and experience.  I use a Lincoln MIG 135 Plus and it does all I
need.
 I just change wire size or type to suit what I am doing.

Good luck,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, Missouri