Re: Timing marks? UPdate.

To: "Neil Trelenberg" <neilberg@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: Timing marks? UPdate.
From: "James Lea" <clocks@midcoast.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:42:33 -0400
Rather than wait to remove the radiator I decided to figure out a way to mark
the pulley in-situ. I came up with putting the proper marks, properly measured
to the specks provided by Jim Werner's site, on a .2" wide piece of white self
stick tape. The kind you peel the back off of. After cleaning the edge of the
pulley with lacquer thinner, I stuck the tape to the outside edge of the
pulley not expecting it to stay when I started the car but it did. I was able
to see the marks very well and time to the nearest degree. When I turned off
the car the tape was exactly where I put it so I assume that nothing moved.
Thanks to all for the advice guys.

Is anyone planning to come up to the Owl's Head Transportation Museum this
Saturday for the autox? I have heard that a few big Healeys are coming and a
race prepared bugeye but the more the better. AHCA NER is the co-sponsor of
the event. Cheers, JL

James Lea
Pres. MMSCC
Rockport Me. 04856