Muffler

To: "HealeyList" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Muffler
From: "Robert Poague" <rapoague@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:27:11 -0700
List,

I just ordered and received from Moss a new muffler (not SS) for my BJ7. It
is more oval in shape than my existing one (from Moss years ago) which is
flatter. The new one measures 4 inches deep, whereas my existing one
measures 3-1/4 inches. I don't need to decrease my ground clearance by 3/4
inch, so am returning the muffler.

The question: Does anyone know a current source for the flatter, more
"original-like", muffler? I suppose I could call various sources and ask
them to measure their mufflers, but maybe someone has received a "flat" one
recently and can steer me to their source. They used to be fairly available.
Thanks in advance.

Bob
BJ7