Re: Timing marks?

To: "Ron Fine Esq." <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Timing marks?
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:58:13 -0400
Ron,

Have never seen but one mark on the pully, but my experience with engines is
not as extensive as many on this list.  I would bet the second mark was
placed by a PO.  Use a dig external tach if possible when measuring rpms.  I
have found that with a timing light getting the pointer 5/8 inch from the
mark is a very good timing at idle.

Keith Pennell

> When I cleaned off my pulley recently I discovered a small v shaped notch
> that was hidden under paint and dirt.  The TDC notch was a square cut.
Try