Where does my Tach Cable go?

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Where does my Tach Cable go?
From: "Rick Neves _._" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:07:44 -0400
I just got my dash board installed and I'm running the controls into the
gauges and such and my tach cable seems to be to short. I got two of them from
MOSS and the one not in the car measures 2' 9" of course the packaging says
29". I am running it between the engine vent pipe and the block, then outboard
over the throttle linkage and through the firewall just inboard of the break
fluid reservoir and then straight to the tachometer. It is about 3 inches to
short.

>From most of the pictures I taken or seen in books it looks like the cable
does not go through the fire wall at this point and may be goes through around
the tunnel area. My tunnel area looks pretty tight I can't see how to snake a
cable through there.

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN2