Re: AH 100-4 Throttle Return Spring

To: "John Harper" <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: AH 100-4 Throttle Return Spring
From: "Bill Lawrence" <ynotink@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:25:27 -0700
I agree with everything but the method of attaching the spring on the
manifold bellcrank shaft. My car (145519) came with a small teardrop
shaped bracket that fits on the shaft under*  the bellcrank.
The other end is attached to a similar, but  elongated bracket , which
goes on the transverse relay rod between the ball joint and the lock
nut on the firewall end.

The Moss catalog shows the latter bracket in the illustration for the
BN1-BN2 throttle linkages as well as the spring, but the manifold end
bracket is just shown as an undefined attachment to the bellcrank
lever.
It should be very simple to fabricate one.

Bill Lawrence

* The drawing shows it on top of the bellcrank, but it fits better
under.