Conclave--Trail Ride Day/Rodeo Day

To: Orbittor@aol.com, BogiStogi@aol.com, TonyOnboard@aol.com, NSR@adorno.com,
Subject: Conclave--Trail Ride Day/Rodeo Day
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:57:48 EDT
Yesterday me my sidekick Jimbo Frakes and bunch of the other hombres saddled
up our cayuses and mosied up into the Texas Hill Country around Bandera and
beyond for a Trail Ride.  Put differently, Jim Frakes from the Indianapolis
Club
navigated for me and we joined about 50 cars on the Road Rallye which was run
on a "Bell Curve", with winners determined by how close their time
corresponded to the average time of all the cars competing.  It rained as we
left the
hotel, but within 10 miles we were out of the weather and drove through some
stunning country in very pleasant temperatures. There was some great Texas BBQ
available at the mid-route checkpoint, and we circled back to the hotel and
completed the course by midafternoon.  Unfortunately Jim and I had too good a
time
talking and did not finish in the money, but we had a great day nevertheless.
 There was one accident on the rallye: A Sprite driven from Indiana by Jon
and Joan Monies was smacked seriously by a pickup--Fortunately no one was
injured but the car is not driveable.

Today started with the gymkhana (Rodeo, get it?) at the nearby Sea World
parking lot--a nice tight course that was fun for both little and big Healeys.
Results will come out at the Awards Banquet tomorrow.  I spent the afternoon at
Seaworld with Bill Cantrell and Carlos Cruz of the Central Illinois (Chicago)
Club and Steve Cloyes of the Golden Gate (San Francisco) Club, and we did both
of the awesome roller coasters ("The Great White" and "The Steel Eel") along
with the usual Shamu-related attractions.  The day concluded with a cookout
(BBQ).

Best--Michael