Re: Conclave

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Conclave
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:52:36 -0400
Many thanks to the organizers and workers who put on Conclave Texas! It's
always great to meet up with old friends and make some new ones. My wife Lyn
and I had a wonderful time.
I'd like to personally thank all the judges who volunteered their time to do
such a top quality job on the two cars we judged in Concours. They were: Tom
Taff, Michael Oritt, Bob O'Neil, Carl Brown, Ron Mitchell, Bob Humphreys,
and my assistant and right hand man Marion Brantley.
I think it was very significant to note that as Jerry Wall mentioned on
another post, Kirk Phillips' beautiful '62 tricarb BT7 was put together by a
dedicated group of members from the North Texas Healey Club. The car won a
Gold level!
The other car judged was a '56 100M that had been carefully assembled by the
owners David and Janet Koch. Janet had made all her own patterns from
carefully disected original bits and sewn all the trim for this car,
including seats, all interior components, even the top, tonneau and side
curtains. Then when the car was finished, this pair of grandparents drove it
over 1600 miles solo to attend the event.
Congratulations to all.
Rich Chrysler
Chief Judge
Conclave Texas 2004.