Car Transport Recommendation (Update to Past Posts)

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Transport Recommendation (Update to Past Posts)
From: JJSandSMS@cs.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:10:55 EDT
Periodically readers ask the list about a reputable car transport company.
Recently someone suggested using Curves Ahead Transport, that they had a good
experience using them. I took the advice and just had a car (a Porsche 914)
shipped from PA to FL using their service (<A
HREF="http://www.curvesaheadtransport.com,/";>www.curvesaheadtransport.com,</A>
800-869-4140).  I would like to pass along my experience.

Tim Kelley is the owner. Their enclosed equipment is absolutely first class,
very clean and modern. I understand they transport cars in support of the
Barrett-Jackson auction every January. If you are familiar with that event,
rest
assured only the best would be used. Their fee was very competitive and
significantly better than the big names.

Here are a few observations.
Upon pickup every blemish, flaw, etc., was recorded prior to loading the car
both inside and out. Several pictures were taken for documentation. Once the
car is loaded, every attempt is made not to move it until it reaches it final
destination, as was in my case. Only soft straps are used to secure the car. No
chains or ropes were used as the car was properly secured from underneath
only. True door to door service was offered. During the transport,
communication
updates were frequent. Flexible pickup and delivery times were supported so
one may not have to take off any extra time from work. Upon delivery more
photos
were taken. The blemish/flaw list was reviewed to make sure the car is in
exactly the same shape delivered, as it was prior to transport.

This is the fourth car I have had transported in the last 10 years (including
a Healey) and by far this was the most professional operation and the most
cost effective considering the level of service.

Hope this helps those considering transport.

Jeff Stepek
1964 BJ8