Re: Six-volt batteries

To: <Editorgary@aol.com>, <mewilliams@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Six-volt batteries
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:55:25 -0400
Further to Gary's note re the Antique Auto batteries, they are no longer
actually tar top. They are now completely formed in a hard urethane though
they retain the look of tar top. These aren't going to split apart like the
old tar tops.
For the Hundred (BN1 and BN2), the 17L is the shorter correct one. This will
allow adequate clearance when using the Lucas helmet type terminals.
The BN6 and BN7 has more vertical space and could use the 1" taller 17HF
series with no problem. I have used the taller 17HF in a Hundred but the fit
is snug. In fact if it wasn't for the armacord glued to the underside of the
battery compartment lid, the "hot" terminal would almost touch the
lid....not a good idea!
Rich Chrysler