RE: posting from Bob Brown (was HTML) Subject: OD Question

To: "'Roland Wilhelmy'" <rwil@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: posting from Bob Brown (was HTML) Subject: OD Question
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:57:15 -0400
Hi Bob,
As Steve suggests the most likely cause is the accumulator. Either the
"O" ring between the case and the accumulator body or excessive scoring
of the bore.
You can remove the accumulator from the overdrive without removing the
gearbox as it is positioned under the side cover upon which the solenoid
is mounted.
It can be a little tricky to remove but I have a combination of battery
hold down "J" bolt and pry bar which works quite well.
New assemblies are available from the usual suspects but are not
inexpensive as I recall.
However, the one thing that I would recommend that you check before
pulling it out is that the solenoid is correctly adjusted. Similar
problems can be experienced if the operating valve ball is not quite
lifting far enough.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com