Re: popping out of second

To: Ron Davies <rdavies1@cox.net>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: popping out of second
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:52:08 -0700 (PDT)
Ron -

That's an easy and cheap repair.  Your gearbox is
likely missing the detent balls & springs located
right underneath the edge of the gearbox access panel.

These springs and balls are items #69 and #70 on this
webpage:

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=28881

The items are readily available and cheap.  It is very
common during the rebuild process for a gearbox
rebuilder to forget to put these balls and springs in,
especially if they don't specialize in Austin Healey
gearboxes.

I had the same problem in my BJ8... I put the springs
and balls in and never had the problem again.  Taking
the cover off the gearbox is very easy as well.. you
can do it yourself.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8