Re: High Octane

To: "Larry Varley" <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Subject: Re: High Octane
From: "John Rowe" <jarowe@westnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:33:11 +0800
Hi guys

Just done some research on octane numbers to see what I need to use for the
AUHC (Australia US Healey Challenge) in 2005.

Australian Shell Optimax or BP Ultimate fuel is 98 RON and 86 MON and is
therefore equivalent to US 92 octane. Will run a compression ratio of about
10:1 in a cast iron head or a litle more with an ali head without pinging.

Cheers from West OZ

John Rowe