[Fwd: Update to Healey 100 Restoration Site - DMD engine]

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Update to Healey 100 Restoration Site - DMD engine]
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:14:55 +1000
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:11:10 +1000
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@pacbell.net>

Bob Spidell wrote:

> If I recall the "Works Healey" book at all correctly, the last Works
> cars put out about 200hp and roughly 200lb-ft of torque.  Think a
> stock 4.2 E-type might do 250/250.
>
> But a Healey is a bit lighter than a Jag, giving a pretty awesome
> power/weight ratio (appropriate top-down driving song?  "Giddy Up 409" ;)
>
> bs
> Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net
> '67 Austin-Healey 3000             '56 Austin-Healey 100M

WORKS HEALEY  H.P.
GEOFF HEALEYS BOOK has dyno charts for several Healeys including the last 3000
raced at Sebring in 1965.The figures shown are with the dynamo,water pump,full
exhaust fitted and taken behind the gearbox.So the figures are conservative
compared to some where the max. number was more important than usefull
horsepower.
197hp is the figure @ 5750rpm. In fact there is a whole chapter on engines and
their development.  Remember these cars ran all day long. Also shown are charts
for standard cars.
Cant beat a good book.
Joe