Re: Longshot (NO HEALEY CONTENT)

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Longshot (NO HEALEY CONTENT)
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:26:17 -0700
Bob,

Hey way off topic sometimes works.  I found a lawyer on the opposite
coast through the forum to help me with an eBay deal gone bad.

Brian  from Santa Cruz introduced me to a fella who builds roadsters
from antique fire engines.  He is building Big Bertha
which can be seen here caravaning up to dream machines in Half Moon Bay
from Santa Cruz:

Rear View with Brian's Healey sandwiched between (oh and yes the old
Willies jeep/truck on the right is blown and channeled):
http://www.wavewired.net/~tracy/dream/0026.JPG

Side view of the fire engine aluminum roadster (two cockpits) this thing
goes like a raped ape with its 10 cyl. (not for the faint of heart)
http://www.wavewired.net/~tracy/dream/0027.JPG

This is the same fella that built the giant Jay Leno roadster.
http://www.jimhayes.com/cahome/RD-leno.jpg

Well I digress.. back to your question.  I have heard that the Amish
guys can make and restore the old wooden wheels, not cheap but done
right the same way as they were originally made probably.  There are
some very skilled Wheelwrights still out there.  Sorry but contacting
them directly by phone may be tough.

Perhaps a deep dive internet search would yield something useful for
your father's project.  Most of these Amish craftsmen have
"agents" who you can contact by phone or fax.  Here is a sample link to
an Amish Wheelwright:

 http://www.jakesctp.com/

Perhaps some of our Healey Brethren near Lancaster county could help.
Hey could be worth a trip for some ShooFly pie....

Heading off to Half Moon Bay now to go on the tour to Filoli Mansion.

See ya Bob and good luck.

Tracy