Donald Healey's life

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Donald Healey's life
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:18:21 -0500
I was sitting writing an e-mail about Bonneville and stuff...and next thing
you know I've got a tear in my eye...

What caused that was my desire to thank him for everything he brought into my
life...and you guys... my Healey freinds that got me talking about Bonneville
in the first place...

John May... you were there that night at Charlies Xmas party... you might even
remember the conversation about going 200mph and what it took ....

I guess we never really know where our lives are going to take us or the
passions we will have... but mostly we will never know what kind of impact our
life as a whole will have on others....

As I think about Donalds life... and how he lived it... ie, wide ass open with
his hair on fire.... did he have even the first clue that after he's turned a
100 he's still affecting people... we are still rebuilding his cars... loving
our freindships and sharing in the joy of a hobby that really does bring new
and wonderful things into our life....

This year at the Stateline room just before the 200mph club banquet ...I'll
see his picture again... have my annual chat with him... and thank him for all
of us...

Keith Turk
World record holder
D Gas Modified sports car
246.555mph  2003
( Next )?  Thank you Donald...and my freinds...