Re: Update to Healey 100 Restoration Site - DMD engine

To: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Update to Healey 100 Restoration Site - DMD engine
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:38:08 -0600
Hi Alan,

I wouldn't presume to speak for Larry - only my personal experience.

My first encounter with a Healey was to put a well built Chevy small
block into a three year old BN2. I adapted the BN2 transmission to the
Chevy & used the BN2 rear end also. The adaptor was the rear section of
the BN2 bell housing machined to correct thickness & welded to a Chevy
to Packard transmission adapter plate. It was very fast & I drove it
hard, very hard. No drive line failures. The OD was wired directly to a
switch, no safety relays or such & always worked perfectly. Used a Chevy
hydraulic clutch slave cylinder powered by a second BN2 brake master
cylinder mounted next to the existing brake cylinder with longer bolts.
I did put in a considerably larger radiator core. IMO, the Healey
gearbox & rear axle (BN1 excepted) are among the strongest you can find.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2