Re: Update to Healey 100 Restoration Site - DMD engine

To: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>,
Subject: Re: Update to Healey 100 Restoration Site - DMD engine
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:34:13 -0700 (PDT)
Larry -

Without question I have always been interested in the
work that DMD has been doing, and it is exciting for
me to see that they finally have their 3.8 prototype
up and running.

This brings up two very important questions however.
Assuming a guy like me running a stock BJ8 wants to
keep it pretty much stock but is very keen to consider
making a "sleeper" on the road.... my questions are:

1) Cooling.  Obviously the OEM set up is stretched as
it is... would I have a problem here?  Does the motor
us the stock water pump or is there some other set up?

2) Gearbox - I doubt the BJ8 gearbox is up to handling
300BHP / 300 Ft lbs torque.  Would the smitty/Toyota
Supra conversion work or is there something that can
be done with the stock gearbox & clutch?

Your thoughts are, as always , appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8