Re: BN7--Intermittent miss, continued

To: <Awgertoo@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BN7--Intermittent miss, continued
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:49:38 -0700
Michael,

re:
"... got a definite shock ... I wonder if this is signifigant?"

Probably not (and it's a rough way to troubleshoot ;).   Just means you have
a strong spark (which doesn't mean it couldn't be intermittent).

I was doing some diagnosis the other day--ended up being a dropped carb
needle--and was getting zapped good even though I was holding a plug cap
with pliers with insulated grips and using gloves.  If you don't see arcing
that's
probably not your problem (I had a similar problem once and did the
"in-the-dark" test and there were arcs down the distributor cap--new cap,
problem gone).

FWIW, I had spark better than half an inch long, with the original coil and
a Pertronix Ignitor.

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net

Subject: BN7--Intermittent miss, continued