RE: Bump Steer

To: "'Alan Bromfield'" <alan.bromfield@virgin.net>,
Subject: RE: Bump Steer
From: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:56:39 -0700
Alan,
Get the Fred Puhn book on How to Make Your Car Handle, or something like it.
I describes a simple bump checking tool. I did it to my BJ8 in the 70's and
adjusted the steering box up and down within its small limits to get the
best figure. I didn't do that with my next BJ8. I think the stock set up was
pretty good but there could always be accident damage, etc.
Get the book and make the tool or buy one (not so expensive anymore) and see
what you have sometime when the front springs are removed. If your results
are bad, you will probably need more adjustment and would need to bend the
arm like Eddie Miller.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8