Re: Brake drums

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake drums
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:42:43 -0400
Subject: Brake drums

> I've got an obscure one for y'all. My '62 BT7 has brake drums in the rear
that
> have shallow "ribs" or "grooves" cast into the exterior circumference.
I've
> been told that these were not original to the car.  Can anyone confirm
this?
> I've been told that they are correct for an earlier model, and that for a
BT7
> they should be smooth. (or not groovy   :-0  ).  If I replaced them, what
> would I advertise the old ones as? -For a 100-4??
>
> David W. Jones
> '62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
> Cumberland, RI USA

David,
Those aren't obscure at all. They are correct for your car. All 6 cylinder
cars with the optional wire wheel setup had those rear drums. That includes
from the 100/6 through the BJ8 and every model in between.
Apparently smooth exterior drums were fitted to the disc wheel cars.
Rich Chrysler