Brake drums

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake drums
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:17:54 -0400
"Can we please shift back to the topic of Healeys, where we have
something constructive to say to each other."

....You got it, Roland!
I've got an obscure one for y'all. My '62 BT7 has brake drums in the rear that
have shallow "ribs" or "grooves" cast into the exterior circumference. I've
been told that these were not original to the car.  Can anyone confirm this?
I've been told that they are correct for an earlier model, and that for a BT7
they should be smooth. (or not groovy   :-0  ).  If I replaced them, what
would I advertise the old ones as? -For a 100-4??

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA