Rotor balance

To: "Healey List (E-mail)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rotor balance
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:00:15 -0400
Well, since the subject was kicked around thought I'd add my 2 cents. 1
cent now and 1 cent later. The PO must have lost the front right wheel
at some point in time. When I pulled the hub to replace it for the new
wire wheels, I found the rotor had a good 4 inch long flat spot and the
shield was missing a complimentary amount at the very bottom. Since this
comes to maybe 3/8" or so of material at the center of the arc, I'd
think balance might be off. Got a new set of rotors coming and as soon
as I put them on I'll let you know if I feel a difference in what shake
it still has. Then we'll balance the rear drums.

Dave
67 BJ8 - Can't wait to talk to the PO again :)