Re: Healey Audio

To: "Neal Grotenhuis" <grotenhuis@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey Audio
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:07:16 -0400
Neal wrote:
What I really want, is a way to plug my walk-man type headphones into a car
stereo.  That would eliminate the speaker placement problem, and would allow
me to actually hear the radio.

Neil, thanks for the feedback on putting audio in a Healey I don't think I'll
do it, unless I do change polarity.

About the headphones.... I've done that with a disc player on batteries...
Turns out that wearing headphones of any kind while driving is illegal. ...at
least here in RI.  Wouldn't normally be a problem, as far as tickets go, but
driving a Healey, NO ONE passes or is passed without that "What the heck is
THAT?" stare. They look the car over, and then look to see who's driving. And
with the top down, the "phones" are pretty conspicuous, even the little ones.
I still use them occasionally, but I know the risk.