Re: Media blast or acid dip?

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Media blast or acid dip?
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:27:52 -0700
It depends on what color you plan for the chassis.  The powder coater I used
proudly said he had 8000 colors to choose from.  I wanted "Healey Blue".
After a long look at his sample chips, found only one blue that was close, but
not exact.  Went w/ that.  Then had a couple of 1/2 pint PPG blues made up.
Not too happy w/ either.   When you look at a group of blue Healeys, you will
see a range of colors. Gary Anderson said pick a blue you like and go w/ it.
He said the blue on his gold level car was probably not perfect either.
Finally, at the ABFM in Seattle last weekend I saw the blue I wanted on a
100M.  Got the paint code from the owner, and am having some mixed.

I suspect that Healey Blue would be the hardest color to match to p.c.

John Snyder

  John wrote:
  Have you considered powder coating the entire chassis?

  John,
  was there any problem getting a good color match to the body?