LIME ROCK VINTAGE FESTIVAL CELEBRATES THE HEALEY 100S

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: LIME ROCK VINTAGE FESTIVAL CELEBRATES THE HEALEY 100S
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:07:26 -0400
            This year's Vintage Festival at Lime Rock (Lakeville, CT)  will
feature a celebration of the 50th anniversary of the great Austin-Healey 100S.
Steve Earle expects there will be eight examples of the 100S at Lime Rock,
with at least three of them competing in the races.  John Colgate, who in 1959
and 1960 raced both the 3000 and the Sprite Special at Sebring, Le Mans and
Nassau, will also be present for the weekend.  In 1960, Colgate was part of
Donald Healey's  works  team at Le Mans and Nassau.  He was also a regular
participant in the earliest races at Lime Rock Park.  The 100S cars will be
together in an area in the main paddock and will be featured in parade laps.

            The Vintage Festival is a four-day event from Friday, September
3rd through Monday, September 6.  Practice and qualifying is on Friday, racing
on Saturday and Monday, and the car show and Concours d'Elegance on Sunday

            Several Austin Healeys will be racing, (including 100S's) so here
is your chance to root for your favorite.  Also be sure to stop by the Healey
booth in the flea market (B paddock).

            Healeys will get an admission discount (one or more days or
weekend pass) if we get enough cars.  Also, there will be a car corral for all
Austin-Healeys on the grass just before the descent to the B paddock.  In
addition we are trying to get lunchtime track parade laps for all Healeys.
To take advantage of the discount and car corral, you will need to purchase
tickets in advance.  No discounts or corral passes at the gate, and no BJ9s in
the car corral.

Contact Jim by email bluechipracing@snet.net before August 16 so he can get a
count, and provide you with further information for ordering tickets.

Also, see the website http://www.limerock.com/directory_accom.htm for
accommodations.

Jim in CT

(No financial interest, I just want to see lots of Healeys there)