Re: Driving Lights

To: davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>, tom felts
Subject: Re: Driving Lights
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:56:53 -0700 (PDT)
David -

To be honest, I think the flamethrowers, with as big
as they are, look much better set down and back on the
splash panel.  After I made the change, my best friend
remarked that it looked more like a race car and less
like "chitty chitty bang bang" with the lights mounted
lower and further back than on the badge bar.

My car has original lucas flamethrowers... and as far
as the splash panel goes.... if there's one panel I
don't mind drilling, it's that one.  easy to fix and
even cheaper to replace with new one.  Plus putting
the lights on the splash panel (with the L bracket
underneath) will keep the splash panel firmly in place
(it vibrates on most 6-cyl healeys because it's not
properly fixed to the bumper).

Either way, I wish you luck and hope you like it!

Cheers,

Alan