Was Driving Lights

To: "Blue One Hundred" <international_investor@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Was Driving Lights
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 02:03:05 -0400
"To be honest, I think the flamethrowers, with as big
as they are, look much better set down and back on the
splash panel.  After I made the change, my best friend
remarked that it looked more like a race car and less
like "chitty chitty bang bang" with the lights mounted
lower and further back than on the badge bar."

Well, I've had opinions both ways. I've seen both setups many times, and I
lean toward the badge bar. -There's something to be said for the symmetry with
the oval grille when mounted higher, on the bar. Also, I like the bar and the
badges themselves. It's the heavy chrome bar with the integral light mounts,
and nice cloisonni badges. I believe those would have to go, if I dropped the
lights down to the splash panel. By the time they put sixes in them they had
less racer, more touring character anyway, by most accounts.
My splash panel is new, so there is plenty of metal holding it in place behind
the bumper bolts. -I agree I'd worry if that flange were worn at all.
As for "chitty chitty bang bang", I've got the folding wings on backorder,
-they are very hard to get in the original red and white striped material...
;-)
I appreciate all of the help and advice on these lights, from everyone. -now I
just need to get off my tail and wire 'em up.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA