Re: Speedometer

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Allen Feldman" <bighealey@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Speedometer
From: "Dean" <dht3000@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:12:07 -0400
Ok I found my problem by process of elimination. I took the whole cable out
with the sheath. Hooked it up to a drill and it ran smooth. I then hooked it
up to the speedometer which I also took out and had it on my bench. It did
the same thing. So I proceded to take the speedometer apart and watch it as
I ran the drill . I could see it hesitating. I then tried lube  but that
didnt help. I noticed that when it changed the digits for the mileage was
when it hesitated. So I took off the dogs that drive the digiatal numbers
and walla. Its smooths as a babys butt. I don't know if I can fix that part
of it  though. But I definitaly  located the area of my problem.

Dean