speedometer

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: speedometer
From: "Dean" <dht3000@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:57:15 -0400
Ok my speedometer is working .  What I found was the gear that drives the
tripometer. The one that you can reset by turning the little knob had a bad
spot in the plastic gear. I tried to repair it with an exacto knife . But it
was too screwed up. So I just removed it. I still have the other odometer
working that keeps track of all your miles on the car. It would bind up on
that bad spot causing the speedometer to drop to a lower MPH, then when it was
past the bad spot it would jump up again.
  Many thanks to all who replied. You got me looking in the right area so I
could diagnose my problem.

Dean
BJ8

Check out the new British Cars Forum: