Cal Black Plates and YOM plates

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Cal Black Plates and YOM plates
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:30:14 EDT
In a message dated 8/6/04 6:48:55 AM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> Dean,
>
> Just on the off chance, since there cannot be THAT many CA 60 BN7s left,
> what
> is your license number? I had one of those cars, with disc wheels, traded it
> in on my current tricarb.
>
> Dick

My "1960" (built in October 1959 -HBN7L5235) has its black plate issued in
1964 front and back with the number CWU906.
Incidentally, California DMV regs allow you to register your car with "year
of manufacture" plates. You have to find a set of two plates that from the year
that your car was manufactured, with a tag number that is not in current use,
and you can have the car registered to that tag number for the same price as
for vanity plates or historic car plates - Check www.dmv.ca.gov for info.
Cheers
Gary Anderson

Check out the new British Cars Forum: