Re: Cal Black Plates and YOM plates

To: Editorgary@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cal Black Plates and YOM plates
From: Brian Mix <brianmix@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:51:06 -0700
Gary,

Unless the rules have changed in the last 2 years the YOM law only applies
to NON-sticker plates. Your typical 60's black plate is not eligible.
Luckily my 55 black plate with metal tags is.

BrianM
1955 100 Lemans
http://members.cox.net/brianmix/healey100/default.html

At 07:30 AM 8/6/2004, Editorgary@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/6/04 6:48:55 AM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
>writes:
>

> > Dean,
> >
> > Just on the off chance, since there cannot be THAT many CA 60 BN7s left,
> > what
> > is your license number? I had one of those cars, with disc wheels,
> traded it
> > in on my current tricarb.
> >
> > Dick
> >

>My "1960" (built in October 1959 -HBN7L5235) has its black plate issued in
>1964 front and back with the number CWU906.
>Incidentally, California DMV regs allow you to register your car with "year
>of manufacture" plates. You have to find a set of two plates that from the
>year
>that your car was manufactured, with a tag number that is not in current use,
>and you can have the car registered to that tag number for the same price as
>for vanity plates or historic car plates - Check www.dmv.ca.gov for info.
>Cheers
>Gary Anderson

Check out the new British Cars Forum: