RE: Motor Mount/engine lift?

To: "'Scott Willis'" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Motor Mount/engine lift?
From: "Don Anglesey" <Don@anglesey.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:32:29 -0700
Does anyone know the best way to losen the mounts to lift motor and get
the
engine back in line when I lower?

>>That's questionable>>

I am raising motor to put on a new front crank pulley damper.

>>Stock doesn't require a lot of height to change out>>

Should I losen the top nut and take out the two side bolts or should I
take
out the four bolts holding bottom of bracket to chassis?

>>I took out the four bolts holding bottom of bracket, that way if
engine falls it has something to stop it.>>

I've been instructed to put a long bolt in to keep things lined up.
Which
hole should the long bolt go in?

>>I didn't and it did require some extra work to get all lined back up>>
>>One in each side should do the trick>>

Looks like I'll have to remove the exhaust or carb assembly to get to
the
driver's side mount. Fact or fiction?

>>I only removed the air filters and disconnected gas line.  I did
remove exhaust at the manifold flanges and dropped slightly (enough to
come off the studs) per Earl, just pay attention when lining back up.>>

>>57' BN4>>

Check out the new British Cars Forum: