RE: Should I undercoat Healey?

To: "'tom felts '" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Should I undercoat Healey?
From: William Moyer <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:05:04 -0400
Don't know about Schults or Roberts for undercoating.  There's one picture
of me coming back into the house after a 4 hour battle with the undercoating
and I look like a New Castle coal miner, covered with black soot with two
bright eyes where the goggles I was wearing kept the crap out.  After I got
all that off, well, 99%, there's just so much you can do, I had the frame
primed and painted with 4 coats of Glazerit (sp?).  THis is a super hard
epoxy based paint that won't chip if you hit it with a hammer.  That was 11
years ago and there's no rust on the Healey yet.  Keeping the car garaged
has helped as well.  He also doesn't get driven in the salt.  No driving
until after the first hard rain of the Spring.

Bill

P.S.  The Glazerit is toxic follow label directions.  One Amish fellow I
knew used it to undercoat cars, trucks, buggy's, anything that anybody drove
into his barn, he'd hop under and paint, no mask, no anything.  I later
heard that he'd died and his lungs were 6 pounds of hardend epoxy.  Read and
follow labeled directions.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: