Smitty Driveshaft

To: <R5Speed@aol.com>
Subject: Smitty Driveshaft
From: "Michael Williams" <mewilliams@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:00:45 -0400
Smitty,

I am trying to get a driveshaft made for my BN1 and am running into
problems. I called Powertrain Industries to order a slip yoke, part number
1-2303-21, as listed in the Smitty conversion instruction manual. They told
me they had no such part but that part number 1303-41 would be correct for
the 1995 Toyota truck transmission that I am using. I wasn't convinced so I
spoke to another person there and was told the same thing. So, I ordered
one, did the measurements, and took it to my local driveline shop. He said
that the weld yoke in the manual (Powertrain part # 2326-25) would not work
with the new slip yoke but suggests using a 1326-20.

I thought I would check with you to see what you think before I have this
shaft made. Has anyone else reported having problems like this recently? Is
Powertrain telling me the straight scoop about the part numbers?

Thanks,

--Michael

'55 BN1

P.S. I'm going to cc this to the Healey list, in case anyone there knows
anything.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: