RE: Should I undercoat Healey? - Too late . . .

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Should I undercoat Healey? - Too late . . .
From: William Moyer <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 06:40:59 -0400
 I would highly recommend your painter who just applied the undercoat get it

off immediately. It's probably easier to get it off while it's fresh, and
besides, if you leave it now while the work is being done, you probably will

never take the time and effort to remove it in the future.

I didn't find that sand blasting (as someone suggested) was effective in
removing undercoating.  You have to hit the crud so hard to slide it across
the metal that you take the chance of warping or damaging the sheet metal.
Not as much of a concern with the heavier metal of the frame, but if you see
a little hole, it'll be a large hole by the time the sand blasting is done.

Bill Moyer, BJ7

Check out the new British Cars Forum: