Re: Engine Lifting Points

To: HealeyBN7@aol.com
Subject: Re: Engine Lifting Points
From: tld6008@mchsi.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:41:37 +0000
When I did mine I took off the valve cover and used 2 of the cylinder head
studs one front and one back on a diagonal. I built a lifting sling of 5/16"
chain with 2 angled brackets welded to the ends, drilled to fit over the studs
and used the nuts to secure. Had to test several links as the apex for the
correct attitude for lifting.
--
Tim Davis BN7
> Getting ready to remove my engine and am wondering where are the best
> locations to attach lifting eyes (or whatever you call them) for best balance
>
> etc
> when hoisting the beast out of the car.  Now that I have all of the
> accessories stripped away, the engine looks pretty big and heavy.  Almost  as
> big and
> heavy as the 4.2L straight six out of my FJ-40 Land Cruiser.   Good thing I
>have
> a beafy big block engine stand.  Thanks for any advise.
>
> Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: