Fw: Door Seals

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Door Seals
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:27:44 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Rich C
To: Lyle Matson
Cc: Dick Matson
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: Door Seals

Unfortunately at this point in time we have no decent push on style door seals
for later 6 cylinder Healeys. There are a couple of parties working on tooling
up something more correct but we're still doing the waiting game for this.
I have been speaking recently with one of the most prominent and most likely
to be expected to get it right and even he is looking at compromising the
product so it would serve a wider market base! Damn!!
I have offered a couple of original though deteriorated samples to get the
cross section of small rubber bulb with the tail edge moulded along side the
actual U shaped "fuzzy" portion containing the steel barbs.
Meanwhile our above mentioned most promising prospective supplier wants to use
a soft crushable thin bulb section. In other words "close but no cigar".
Who ever comes up with the correct product will have all the Healey world
waiting to buy the product if it's correct.
Trouble is, it's been so long since most people have seen the original thing,
that the "unknowing masses" are ready and willing to buy the incorrect stuff
as long as it does the job!
Sometimes, listers, we are our own worst enemy when it comes to manufacturers
being willing to tool up for the correct thing.
How's that for starting a good interesting controvercial thread. I try!<grin>
Rich Chrysler