Re: Rear wheel oil seal - replacement at home?

To: bspidell@pacbell.net, ahpowered@hotmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear wheel oil seal - replacement at home?
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 09:27:46 EDT
Scott,

After you pull the axle bolt the axle on backwards so it sticks out at you
and use this to pull the hub.

Charles Rice in Glasgow did this recently and may have the proper socket. If
not order the tool from Hemphills and the Bluegrass Club will buy it from you
for our tool chest. (been meaning to buy one anyway)

Worst case scenario I have a proper puller and can get the proper socket. The
nut is so thin you have to place the socket on a belt sander because sockets
normally have a bit of a chamfer at the end and you need to square it up so it
fits properly on the thin nut.

Remember just like your knockoffs, one side is right hand thread, the other
left hand thread.

Thanks,

Jim Werner
Louisville, KY

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
aolbn43.jpg]

Check out the new British Cars Forum: