Re: bj8 locking in first: to pin or not to pin, that is the

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bj8 locking in first: to pin or not to pin, that is the
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:53:53 -0400
Hi, Greg -

Since I didn't have an old pad to look at, I have no idea how thick the
original pad was -- or what it was made of.  I cut a piece out of scrap
linoleum (1/16" - 1/8"?) and shaped it to fit the recess, and it has worked
fine since 1993.  As long as the pad will prevent the shifter rods from moving
far enough to let the springs and balls of the sliding hubs get loose, it
should be O.K.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry