Re: Need Battery Recommendation

To: RAWDAWGS@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need Battery Recommendation
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 05:15:25 -0700 (PDT)
Gee Scott, you just hit the nail on the head why
there's such a big trade deficit with the rest of the
world.

Who ever thought that the terms "Made in Japan" and
"Made in the USA" would swap exact opposite places
with "crap" and "quality" in the short space from the
'70s to '90s.

Did you know China has a trade deficit with Europe and
most of Asia, the US is the only OECD country to have
in which China enjoys a trade surlus?  You can't blame
Wall Mart... you have to blame American manufacturers,
they just don't cut it anymore.  Meanwhile China is
buying up high-end euro & japanese goods like there's
no tomorrow.

Regards,

Alan

--- RAWDAWGS@aol.com wrote:

> Do you see a pattern here? SM
>

> My wife's '94 Miata is also still running the
> original  battery and it shows no sign of failing
> anytime soon.  I just recently replaced the one in
> our '93 Toyota van after 10 years and 178k miles, so
> clearly OEM batteries are not necessarily crapola.
> However, the OEM battery in my '97 Chevy pickup
> failed in under three years, just like nearly every
> other component on that POS.
>

> --
> Scott McPherson
> BN4 Longbridge